I had never really watched much STV until recently.
I decided to give it a chance for three reasons:
- It is easily available on Netflix
- I figured I should give it a try after the disappointment of STD
- I listened to an interview with Kate Mulgrew on Ryan Tubridy’s radio show and I was really, really impressed by her
I decided to watch all of the episodes with an IMDB with the highest ratings, generally 8.6 or higher.
The following is a list of the episodes I watched:
|S03E26||Scorpion: Part One|
|S04E01||Scorpion: Part Two|
|S04E08||Year of Hell: Part One|
|S04E09||Year of Hell: Part Two|
|S04E14||Message in a Bottle|
|S06E12||Blink of an Eye|
|S06E26||Unimatrix Zero: Part One|
|S07E01||Unimatrix Zero: Part Two|
|S07E24||Endgame Parts One and Two|
I have reached the following conclusions about the series:
- The series is quite good, and some of the episodes are very enjoyable
- It took until near the end of the third season for an episode to reach the 8.6 rating
- The series ended on a high, with an enjoyable episode also rated at 8.6
- I can see myself going back to watch more episodes. For example, I see there is one which features George Takei as Captain Sulu
Since I wanted these episodes, I saw a video of Kate Mulgrew being interviewed and the interviewer mentioned that STV is the most watched Star Trek series on Netflix. So I’m not the only one who is rediscovering this series.